Membership at William Blake OTO
William Blake OTO strives to be a welcoming community for all. Once you have taken the Minerval Initiation, you are a member of the OTO, USA (U.S. Grand Lodge). You have the option of also affiliating with our local body by submitting our membership form and paying dues. The financial support of our local body ensures that we can offer a rich mix of activities for the entire community and keeps us in our dedicated space.
William Blake OTO Local Membership Benefits
- Association with fellow local OTO members.
- Identification with a magical group that is 30+ years strong and which continues to be a respected presence in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Experience peer to peer discussions, collaboration, and debate that helps to edify each of us in our magical evolution.
- Free or discounted admission to most events.
- Eligibility for local leadership at William Blake OTO (At First Degree).
- Free issues of Heaven and Hell: The Official Journal of William Blake OTO.
- Greater access to our extensive on-site library.
- Foster the development of the local esoteric community at large.
Though taking initiation confers membership in OTO, USA (US Grand Lodge), it does not automatically confer local membership at Blake. Dues at William Blake OTO are a reasonable $30/month ($360 per year). Local dues pay our rent and utilities, and buy the equipment and supplies we need, such as build-out expenses of our space, ceremonial equipment, and other operational and hospitality expenses.
To become a William Blake OTO member, indicate to an officer your intent to become a member, and you will be directed to fill out our membership form. Your official local membership begins once you pay your first dues installment.
The form will ask you to provide basic contact information and to declare your intent to enroll and pay dues.
How to Pay Local Dues
Members can pay their dues in-person via cash or check, or by Paypal (with an option for recurring payments).
You can send your payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or go to our Payments Page.
There shall be no consideration of race, ethnicity, sex, or sexual orientation when considering the fitness of candidates for admission, advancement, or appointment to office within Ordo Templi Orientis U.S.A.